Hit gold with our Bowmen of Harrow Archery taster session.
Have you ever fancied giving archery a go. Or would you like a taster before joining our Archery GB certified beginner course?
Well then, our Bowmen of Harrow taster course is a perfect introduction to target archery. You will be given two hours instruction at our indoor range with an experienced coaching team. We provide all the equipment needed.
We are only offering the Archery taster for adults over 18. Please check back regularly as this will open for juniors soon.
Where and when are the courses held?
We run our courses at our indoor range at the John Lyon School Sports Ground Sudbury Hill, Harrow, HA1 3SB
December 3rd 10am-12pm
December 10th 10am-12pm
How much does the taster session cost?
The two-hour course costs £30 which is payable in advance. This includes all equipment hire.
What do I need to wear?
Close fitting clothing will help prevent the bowstring from catching on you.
No open toed shoes or sandals.
Tie back long hair.
Remove any earrings.
Can I bring spectators?
Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate spectators.
What facilities are there?
Toilets are available at the range. We also have a kitchen with tea/coffee, and cold drinks available.
What happens when I finish the taster session?
After you have finished the taster session, if you’ve been bitten by the archery bug, why not sign up for our Archery GB certified beginner course here
Please contact us via email at email@example.com for more information, or to book a place on the next available course
Example Running Order
Bowmen of Harrow Taster Course with approximate timings
10:00 – 12:00
Introduction 5 mins
- Toilets, in event of a fire
- Explanation of session – experience of archery not a Beginner’s course
- Format of session
Safety. 5 mins
- Reasons why – not toys etc
- Use of whistles for start shooting and collect
- Use of terms FAST and COME DOWN
- Arrows only point down range
- No running
Warmup 5 mins
- Arm circles, arm swinging, shoulder mobilisation
Give out equipment 10 mins
Technique. 10 mins
- Nomenclature: point, nock, rest, arm guard
- Standard bare bow three under
- Aim by point of the arrow
- Stance, posture, grip, T draw, release, follow through
Withdrawing arrows 5 mins
Practice 25 mins
- 10 metres
Refreshment Break 10 mins
Practice 20 mins
- Increase distance balloons
- Explain scoring (Imperial)
Finish 5 mins.
- BOH beginner’s courses